Dr. Black was born and raised in Southern California. He graduated from Loma Linda University School of Dentistry (LLUSD) in May 2000 and has had a broad experience within the dental industry. In August 2001, Dr. Black successfully completed a one-year Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) residency while serving in the U.S. Air Force. After three years on active duty, Dr. Black served as a full time faculty member at LLUSD and practiced both in the Faculty Dental Office (a group practice) and in the Center for Special Care Dentistry (a general anesthesia residency clinic serving special needs patients and at-risk pediatric populations). Dr. Black also served as an associate professor and director for the pre-doctoral student clinic. He has lectured internationally on various clinical and academic topics and has published several articles related to clinical dentistry. Dr. Black has received numerous awards and commendations including:
- 2009 – World Congress of Minimally Invasive Dentistry Inventor Award
- 2006 – World Congress of Minimally Invasive Dentistry Academician Award
- 2002 – Edwards AFB Outstanding Company Grade Officer of the Quarter
- 2000 – LLUSD Student Awards
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
- Loma Linda University School of Dentistry Academic Excellence Gold Award
- Loma Linda University Senior Student Award
- The Pierre Fauchard Academic Achievement Award
- American College of Dentists, Southern California Section Award
- American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Dental Student Award
- California Dental Association Award
- 1992 – Riverside Scholars Award & GW Singletary Scholar
Dr. Black is highly extroverted and truly enjoys conversing and laughing with family, friends, and his patients. He appreciates the arts and has acted in community theater, performing in Bye Bye Birdie, The Hunchback of Notre Dame,
and, most recently, Sense and Sensibility.
Dr. Black’s true passion is his wife, Pearl, and their two daughters, Julia and Chelsea.